Clear Channel wanted a way of inter-connecting the online conversation about Cannes Lions with creative expression in Outdoor media. A way to activate their sponsorship on the ground in a way that would also engage a global online audience talking about the worlds most important advertising event.
Create an interactive art installation live entirely generated by what the advertising community was saying about the industry on twitter. The live and dynamic micrography art mural would use thousands of hand painted words and letters to create one iconic image of Cannes which would then be shot with a super high res camera allowing the thousands of tweeters to search for the tweet and zoom in to see it as part of the artwork online.
- 500% on impact and PR over 2012 campaign
- 1,200 tweets hand painted
- #canvas the third most popular topic at the Cannes Lions 2013 event
- 15.7 million confirmed twitter reach from photos of messages painted and shared
- 310% growth in twitter followers
- 90,000 views of official making of video
- The highest delivered social share of voice at the event
- 325,000 views of the Gigapixel searchable twitter tool